Nice Weather in the forecast!
The plan is to run 2 to 2.5 miles this Saturday!
New Students -
Please come early (8:30am) to complete your enrollment
New Volunteers -
Please come at 8:15am to participate in the training
All Volunteers & Students -
Please plan to arrive between 8:30am and 8:50am to check-in and be social...
Location this Saturday-
Camron-Stanford House at Lake Merritt on Lakeside Drive.
Next Saturday - Jan.20
Timed Run for all... More details next week
Women March in Oakland starts meeting at 10am not so far from where we train. We plan on having practice over by 10am. We will start practice at 8:45am to allow you to avoid traffic. More to come....
Jan.27 Trail Run
This will have an early start - Meeting at 8:30 am at the Camron Stanford House to be in the Park at 9:00am.
We need to know who is coming to organize transportation - Please, Sign-up here or Look for the form at practice.
TIP OF THE WEEK: Pace Yourself!
- First mile: Control your pace! You should be able to exchange words with your mentor and fellow runners for the first mile.
- Second mile: you can pick up the pace now (after the turn-around)
- Last Half Mile: Keep running, push as hard as you can.
- Going out too fast? reset! walk a few steps - breathe.
- if you can’t run anymore: try to alternate walking a few steps and running again and try to speed up the pace on the last half mile.
- "Slow and Steady wins the race!" ever heard of the Aesop's Fable: the tortoise and the hare?