Practice #3 - Saturday, January 20
Change of time & location
NEW MEETING LOCATION: near the lake, at the corner of E. 18th Street and Lakeshore Ave.
- CHECK-IN: between 8:20am and 8:40am
- PRACTICE will start at 8:45am sharp
- END of Practice: 9:45am
#1 REASON : AVOID OAKLAND WOMEN MARCH TRAFFIC
#2 REASON: GIVE TIME TO OUR RUNNERS TO JOIN WOMEN MARCH IF THEY ARE PLANNING TO PARTICIPATE.....
So far so good!
It might be chilly on Saturday but we should have a break with no rain in the forecast!
The plan for the Half Marathon Students is to run 3 miles this Saturday but it will not be a timed run anymore. We rescheduled the timed run to Feb.3rd because of the location change
Location and time this Saturday-
Corner of E.18th Street and Lakeshore Ave at 8:45AM
NEXT Saturday - Jan.27 Trail Run at Sibley Park
- WE WILL HAVE AN EARLY START on January 27 for Sibley Run...
- Meeting: 8:15 am at the Camron Stanford House
- BUS and carpoolers leave the Lake at 8:30am sharp
- Destination: Sibley Park, Main Stage area on Skyline Blvd at 9:00am.
- Run: 9:00am to 10:15am
- Back at the Camron Stanford House at the Lake: 10:45-10:50am
We need to know who is coming to organize transportation - IF YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED UP YET, PLEASE, SIGN-UP by SATURDAY Jan.20 (link above or at practice!)
When does the K-12 5K Training starts?
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd
TIP FOR THIS WEEK: Pace Yourself!
this should help you finish the Timed Run in great spirit - Balanced run for great achievement!
- First mile and Half : Control your pace! you should feel comfortable and relaxed—like you can finish a sentence without having to catch your breath. If you're huffing and puffing, ease off...
- After the turn-around: you can pick up the pace now - just push a little faster than you usually do.
- Last Half Mile: Keep running, push as hard as you can.
- Going out too fast? reset! walk a few steps - breathe.
- if you can’t run anymore: try to alternate walking a few steps and running again and try to speed up the pace on the last half mile.
- "Slow and Steady wins the race!" ever heard of the Aesop's Fable: the tortoise and the hare?